Eddie Jobson Forum

Eddie Jobson Forum

Eddie Jobson.com       Globe Music         Fan Database

Feel free to browse any thread, however, if you wish to participate in a discussion, you must first register. You can register by going to 'Log In' and hitting the 'Need a Login? Register Here' link.
 Log In  |  Topic List  |  New Topic  |  Threaded View  |  Search   Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 
 Phoenix confirmed
Author: ferrari801 
Date:   01-27-12 01:15

News on the lounge guys !!!

Reply To This Message

Re: Phoenix confirmed
Author: Dicky 
Date:   01-27-12 01:45

I've heard it's a very arid zone.

Reply To This Message

Author: Dennis 
Date:   01-27-12 09:57

Got two seats in Row BB

Reply To This Message

Author: Marzzz 
Date:   01-30-12 05:52

Phoenix, like Arizona???

Reply To This Message

Date:   01-30-12 14:49

Yes Mate thats the one !!

Reply To This Message

Date:   01-30-12 16:30

Since I am not on ZL, would someone at least tell me when, or is that proprietary information?

Reply To This Message

Author: benonemusic 
Date:   01-30-12 16:41

Hmm...the first name of an Asia album on a 21st century UK tour! Great to see this gig in the Southwest!
Ben

Reply To This Message

Author: BadBay 
Date:   01-30-12 19:23

Hello Marzzz ...

The Phoenix gig is May 21.

All dates are listed at the UK Reunion website:

http://www.ukreunion.com/

Also, on EJ's Facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/EddieJobson

And, you could join the Zealots Lounge at:

http://www.zealotslounge.com

Reply To This Message

Date:   01-30-12 20:52

@Badboy

Thanks, I'll keep May 21 open. Unfortunately, the date is not yet listed on the UK Reunion website, and though I a a big EJ/UK fan going back nearly 35 years, I am not "zealous!"

Post Edited (01-30-12 21:27)

Reply To This Message

Date:   01-30-12 21:19

Well, you guys didn't waste any time- I got the last VIP seat available! I just hope EJ is still setting up stage right, 'cause that's where I'm sitting....

Reply To This Message

Author: KillMyMusic 
Date:   01-30-12 22:19

"Left" for the viewers :-)

Reply To This Message

Author: EJ 
Date:   01-30-12 22:40

Marzz - let me comment on your earlier post, we can pursue any topic here that we want... The Zealots Lounge is a slightly comedic name for an important concept. You don't really have to be "zealous" about what I do to support the concept.

The fact is that musicians such as myself have a very hard time doing what we do. Quite frankly, the industry doesn't care about what we do; the public generally couldn't care less about what we do. Unlike the institutional support given to jazz, the blues, to classical, to opera, to Broadway musicals... there is no institutional support for musicians like me. Maybe a handful of prog-rock festivals, but nothing to pay the mortgage.

So how does one do this, try to innovate, try to move things forward, try to remain being a relatively uncompromising 'artist,' try to make a living and put my boy through college, when everyone wants everything for free; to replay the old; when TV, radio, concert promoters, ASCAP, the Grammys, oh yes, and the public (did I mention the public?) only care about the big moneymakers - the 'hits' - the brands? Good... bad... it makes no difference. When even the Zealots pre-sale passwords end up online, and even the Lounge content shows up on Bit Torrent...

Well, one way is to continue to turn to the few folks who truly appreciate the standards that musicians like myself try to maintain. I have described the Lounge as being something akin to the days of Bach or even Tchaikovsky - a method to be sponsored by my supporters. I try to provide free music, videos, news, meet-and-greet events, ticket pre-sales etc. exclusively to my true supporters, for the very reasonable stipend of $25 a year (it just went up in January, but only for new members). I don't really consider myself in the 'retail' business anymore; I work for the Zealots. I am also presently even reenacting the 'UK' brand simply to help fund new ideas - as hard as that still is.

Your post suggests that there is something not wholesome about the Lounge idea, that it is way beneath you to become a 'fan-boy.' That you're not going to part with your money to make some rock-star richer... If any of this is even remotely true, let me suggest to you that you may be missing the point. We are simply trying to build a community of like-minded folks with similar tastes, and a compassion to lend their support to someone who has being trying to function outside of the system (and occasionally inside of it) for 40 years.

As Lenore dutifully points out, if you would like to show your ongoing support, you can do so anytime at http://www.zealotslounge.com. Either way, I look forward to meeting you in Phoenix at the soundcheck/meet-and-greet, both of which, incidentally, you probably paid 50 bucks for and could have had for free if you were a member of the lounge.

EJ

Reply To This Message

Date:   01-30-12 23:23

>you probably paid 50 bucks for and could have had for free if you were a member of the lounge.

Just the VIP-option, not the ticket that is, or am I wrong?

Reply To This Message

Date:   01-31-12 04:29

Totally agree, The lounge (as you can call it if you dont like the Zealot bit) Is a real No brainer for me, I see it as a 'Token' payment which pays for itself over and over again Just one meet and greet does it. Give it a go Marzzz if you dont think its great value i will send you the $25 myself !!! See you in Phoenix

Reply To This Message

Date:   01-31-12 06:29

I don't think it's about money, nor that it's about the business model (it's definitely not that!). It's about being part of a certain community. Not everybody wants that.

Post Edited (01-31-12 08:09)

Reply To This Message

Date:   01-31-12 12:29

Maybe i dont get it but nobody has to be a part of anything they dont want to be a part of. Its just a great way of being able to access the music and tickets etc. Equally nobody has to join, But in my opinion if you dont want to join you cant bleat about not being ''In the know'' Each to their own i suppose

Reply To This Message

Date:   01-31-12 13:36

As far as I can see nobody is complaining.

Reply To This Message

Author: gogo 
Date:   02-01-12 14:10

Right on.

It is true that there is really NO incentive out there at all
for musicians (artists) to pursue anything other than the paths
that have already been trodden to death. And even the "classic
rock" and proven forms of $ gigging are competitive and difficult enough.

Can anyone imagine the obstacles involved in doing something NEW....
and without a wild teenage girl body on TV to support it ?

There really IS no support for non-industry music. (It is not as if there is a
Grammy Category for Art Rock.) And from what I have read,
some prog-fans can also be difficult to please.)

I give Eddie, and the heavies a HUGE thank you for going-for-it in this
age of instant free entertainment.

Yeah,
I have been to two of the new gigs
and have had a GREAT time !!!!
A Total gas !!!!!!!!!!!!
And I would much rather see and hear Eddie play his cool music
than see him as a sideman for the Supertramp
...they are doing fine
....now let's have Eddie do HIS stuff, you know.

I am sure that everyone has noticed that there is not a Dali, Picasso,
Warhol or Lichtenstein around today....no world-famous visual artists.
Why is that ? Is it because the public does not care ? Or because
the media is finished with art ?

All I know is that....if you like something...support it.

And for Petes sakes....HAVE FUN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thank you
Love
Gogo

Reply To This Message
   Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 

Go To Top 
 Go To Top  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.

phorum.org
Adaptation by Alex Petrov