Eddie Jobson Forum

Eddie Jobson Forum

Eddie Jobson.com       Globe Music         Fan Database

Feel free to browse any thread, however, if you wish to participate in a discussion, you must first register. You can register by going to 'Log In' and hitting the 'Need a Login? Register Here' link.
 Log In  |  Topic List  |  New Topic  |  Threaded View  |  Search   Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 
 turn it over video
Author: gogo 
Date:   01-31-06 20:42

,,,,,a bit of it, anyway!,,,,,,

COOLEST VIOLIN SOLO!!!!!!!
YAAAAAA!!!!!!!

http://www.stoneage.jp/musicvideo/turn_it_over.html

gogo

Reply To This Message

Re: turn it over video
Author: Lenny 
Date:   02-01-06 08:52

Wow! never seen that one, great fun! Thanks!!

Reply To This Message

Author: C.Cat 
Date:   02-01-06 09:19

It won't work for me....

Reply To This Message

Date:   02-01-06 12:07

C. Cat,
http://www.stoneage.jp/musicvideo/turn_it_over.html

I use an older Imac with OS9.1, and this video works with QUICKTIME.

If you have a MAC buddy nearby, I figure that it would be worth the price of popcorn to pay a visit and check this one out.

It is about half (?) of the video, looped, and when they get to the fantastic violin solo...oh I won't give it all away!!!!!!!!!!

have fun!
Gogo

gogo

Reply To This Message

Date:   02-01-06 12:09

I can never make computer stuff work!

Reply To This Message

Author: Helen 
Date:   02-01-06 20:58

Now I'm really upset that my PowerBook was stolen!

Please describe it Gogo, in the way that only you can.

Helen

Reply To This Message

Date:   02-01-06 22:56

Computers are time eaters.

Ok, ME explain the turn it over video?
Yikes? saw it on Tv when it came out. there was a HUGE popular Friday night video show in Canada and we got to video tape it. Have not seen it until I foind this link. Would love to see the rest of this video............

Ok, this is what someone posted :
The Zinc band is all dressed in green, kinda non-descript guys with stiff doos, a drummer (Mark Craney-looking guy, sitting really low with a see-through cymbol. Cool looking drummer with long shirt hanging over down. Camera moving around on a rolling track around a large open set, black background, Eddie holding a game show type microphone, doing a bit of an '80s arm swing dance, looking serious and singing into the camera. Longest hair since the curved air days (are you reading this Helen?) Green outfit, a shot of eddie by a strange looking big keyboard, like a cs-80 in a different, modern white cabinet, shot of fingers on a keyboard playing the bridge riff, keys lit from below, excellent early 3D computer graphics of green violin going towards camera a turning over, spinning, same with big keyboard (really cool effect, I love it) more Eddie singing, face shots, doing a great job fronting , have never seen him hold a mic before, looks like he has been doing that his whole life, total natural, great, looks to the side, guitar player sings in different mic, camera rolls across huge room, eddie in large room with vertical flourescent light tubes as props, lots of singing shots, eddie walking throught the room, looking over at camera, passing the tube lights, black background, guitar player and bass player, both green jump suits..bit of tv static and colour grid..that's it.

Oh ya, I almost forgot the violin solo! ;)
Ok, ready?
First part of violin solo, eddie full body shot, jump suit, white lines all lit up, like the suit glows stripes. Even his hands are like this. The violin is the green clear, but lit up to look yellow. He leans way back playing this part of the solo, feet frimly on the ground, heel boots all lighted up. Nice long shot, 6 bars until an edit. Edit to exact same part of solo, closer shot of eddie, you can see his fingers as part of the glowing suit, violin still yellow at this point, eddies face lighted up. Edit, exact same camera shot, same part of solo, suit turns green, Violin turns green. Cool!!!!!! Next edit, camera closer up, more conventional theatre lighting, violin glows green. 7 more edits, each about 3 bars long. Camera slightly above Eddie standing, 45 degree angle looking down over violin, you can see fingers on fingerboard. Really cool. I mean REALLY cool. Eddie at his absolute coolest. There will be No argument. Each edit from this point is this same angle from above, edit to slight zoom in so you can't see finger board, back to earlier zoom-out shot. back and forth with this, you can see what he is playing really well. The director would have had Eddie play the solo twice, each time with a different zoom, and then switch between the two shots, so there is no actual zoom movement going on, just an abrupt edit between the 2 zoom postitions, exact same performance going on. He is looking quite serious. The floor is all set with rows of long white lights close together, The 7th or 8th postition TIME TO KILL c minor riff shot from this angle, about 7 or 8' up. Sensational shot. GREAT RIFF!!!!!!!!! The last edit is mostly face shot with violin body, Eddie throws his head back for last note, band in background. Great rock shot.

REALLY AMAZINGLY SERIOUSLY COOL.
Coolest violin solo EVER captured on any type of media.
THIS IS THE BEST.

WARNING: HELEN DO NOT WATCH THIS VIDEO. YOU MAY GO INSANE.

gogo

Reply To This Message

Date:   02-02-06 01:19

Oh, just visualizing your description has me ... oh heaven help me ...

Reply To This Message

Date:   02-02-06 04:53

Sounds great!

Reply To This Message

Date:   02-02-06 06:17

C. Cat and I have the same problem - we can't make computer stuff work! I've been sitting here for half an hour watching a clock doing nothing, and still no Eddie. So frustrating when you know it's there and you can't see it!!!!

Reply To This Message

Date:   02-02-06 09:59

Ya, the video rules.
Eddie is the coolest rock star ever.
BEST violin solos.

This friendly little old IMAC looking at me is hooked up to a high-speed cable system, no phone lines.
So other than that, and the QUICKTIME software, I can not think of what the differences are that would prevent you from seeing Eddie walk through the room of vertical tube lights.

I have asked a buddy to try to burn the little clip onto a disk and I can mail it to C. Cat and Helen, but then it still may not work if it is a quicktime issue.

Or will this video be posted on the EJ site this spring? It would be cool if someone compiled a bunch of this stuff, ROXY and all, and there was a video link site on the EJ site. Lord knows who has the rights to this stuff. Sounds like a job for SUPERFAN!!!!!!!!!!!!! da da da dee dee dad dada!!!!!!!!

peace to all
Gogo

gogo

Reply To This Message

Author: David CS-80 
Date:   02-02-06 10:32

I have no problems watching this on a G4 eMac and a Windows 2000 PC. You just need quicktime. You can install it manually, or, if you install iTunes, it will put it in for you.

Here's a direct link to the video: http://www.stoneage.jp/musicvideo/turn_it_over.mov
One thing that might help is to save the file to your computer and then play it, instead of playing it within a web browser.

David

Reply To This Message

Date:   02-02-06 16:52

David,
Right on!
Gogo

gogo

Reply To This Message

Date:   02-02-06 21:18

Hi Gogo!

You are a sweetie pie! Thank you! I do have Quicktime here at work and at home. However, at work our IT department has blocked our viewing privileges, and at home my narrow-band phone line simply cannot handle the size of the file it seems. So, life's a misery I tell you.

But thanks for always being such a loving and giving soul.

Helen

Reply To This Message

Author: klaatusuit 
Date:   02-03-06 06:18

Helen,

The video clip is on the DVD I'm about to send you.

Ruud

Reply To This Message

Date:   02-03-06 06:42

Oh fantastic! Thanks! See what wonderful people there are in the world!!

I'll get back to you via email Ruud!

Thanks!

Helen

Reply To This Message

Date:   02-03-06 10:36

Ruud,
YOU are excellent!
And your website....WOW!
I mean HOLY WOW!

You have recording of the Aug 1st Commododre Ballroom Vancouver Canada UK gig that I couldn't go to, cos it had booze sales, and I was a kid. NUTS!
If I listened to that, rather than just keep on imagining it, I would have to turn it up above my crying, and then I would get electrocuted from the stereo system.
Why must life be so complicated!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

peace AND love
Gogo

gogo

Reply To This Message

Author: Watcherofthesky 
Date:   02-04-06 10:57

Simply amazing. I get it. Are there more treasures hidden?. I only download a excerpt of the video. Anyone knows where is the complete video?.

Reply To This Message

Author: KillMyMusic 
Date:   02-22-06 09:02

Besides the ons already mentioned here, there are many more videos around that EJ is on;

* UK - Rendezvous 6.02, Nothing to lose
* Roxy - some promo clips - Love is the drug, All I want is you (btw, the Psalm VCD is a bootleg), and another boot; Roxy in Stockholm 1976-01-27, there may be more)
* Jethro Tull; apart from the Slipstream video and Bach-rock special EJ did a tv show for the German tv (Fylingdale flyer, Crossfire).
* And I even have a 2 second-shot of a live performance with Roger Glover and all the other guests ;-).

Naturally ;-) I had the original VHS-tape Turn it over was on... but many years later it was available in mpeg-format through WinMX... easy to download for everyone...

Come on guys, why don't you fans know about these? ;-)

Reply To This Message

Date:   03-13-06 21:49

Yes, I just HAD to be the 500th post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YAAA!!!!

Ok then, does anyone care to speculate what on earth the big electronic keyboard is on the TURN IT OVER video?

Big modern something. Looks like a cs-80 in a fancy new case?

love gogo

gogo

Post Edited (03-13-06 21:51)

Reply To This Message

Author: rendezvous 
Date:   03-20-06 11:59

I got this clip on VHS in around 1987...
A friend of mine got me Jethro Tull's 'A' concert & 'Turn It Over' clip on VHS.
Fantastic video!
I still keep this tape...

Jeehoon
Toronto

Reply To This Message

Date:   03-21-06 21:07

Well, thanks to Ruud I now have the 'Turn it over' video on DVD along with a whole lot of other video material. The UK, Roxy Music and Bach Rock material I can handle (sort of), but this one is WAY too much for me - being the Green album cover come alive and everything else it is! You were right Gogo - I shouldn't have watched it! Will I ever recover?

Post Edited (03-21-06 21:39)

Reply To This Message

Author: KillMyMusic 
Date:   03-22-06 01:21

Although I like the Turn It Over clip, I think the Bach-rock show is more spontaneous. I especially like the part where Ian introduces EJ by saying: "if you fancy a bow (beau) Job, Eddie is your man". Eddie clearly doesn't know where to look and wants to make sure everyone understands that Ian was saying BOW...

Reply To This Message

Author: josephlevie 
Date:   02-04-12 08:22

In case anyone's still looking for this video, here's a link to the full video.

http://www.80smusicvids.com/index.php?vid=Eddie_Jobson-_Turn_It_Over&a=a

Post Edited (02-04-12 08:24)

Reply To This Message
   Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 

Go To Top 
 Go To Top  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.

phorum.org
Adaptation by Alex Petrov